Friends of Orphans (FRO) goal is to use games and sports is to relieve human suffering.
Objectives and Purposes of the Games and Sports for Peace Development Program:
- Use games and sports as a vehicle for community developmen
- Use games and sports activities to strengthen psychosocial well-being and improve the social integration of former child soldiers, abductees, child mothers, orphans and youth Pader IDP camps, Northern Uganda.
- To help social reintegration of the war affected children and youth into the community through forging an understanding between orphans, former child soldiers and the community.
- To foster friendship and build a spirit of team work among orphans, former child soldiers and other children in the community.
- For health purposes; physical and mental health.
- Develop, encourage and promote games and sports in Northern Uganda.
- Provide and coordinate technical information on all matters concerning games and sports.
- Break the circle of violence in the community especially among the children.